“A heavenly Bavarian chalet in Potsdam”
Maître de Maison
- Alexander Dressel
The town of Potsdam is known for the palaces and gardens of Sanssouci, and bears the stamp of the Italian architecture of master-builders like Schinkel, Persius and the landscape architect Lenné. It is also known for Hotel Bayrisches Haus, which overlooks the national forest from a hill. Built in 1847 in the purest of Bavarian traditions by King Frederic-William IV for his wife, the small chalet with a modest appearance has actually the elegance of a stately home. Today it is not only the ideal place to relax and unwind, but is also renowned for its award-winning restaurant and an exceptional spa.